Friday, February 5, 2010

In the library

The college starts and all assemble
in their classrooms while i resemble
a cat washed in the rain
all tousle haired with partially open eyes,
"What happened ?" I rack my brain
and then I realise, I overslept again!!!

I jump out of my bed and zoom
into the bath and out again soon.
I check out with a friend(who like me is late)
I finish my breakfast and reach the gate.

In comes my friend on his bike
all dressed up and neat, me alike.
We zig zag through the rush,
I realise on the way, I forgot to brush.

With all haste, I reach my destination,
but this haste was a waste, is my apprehension.
The college had started full throttle
while i slept at home, drinking from a bottle,
to make up for the time long lost
I go to the library to look up engines made of frost.

As i sign upon the register my number,
I sight another which kicks me out of my slumber.
Is this her ? I rack my brain
the second time in the day, causing my head to pain,
its really her! as I soon find
or is it some other, have I gone blind ?

I cant be dreaming, I realise
as I bump into a pillar, which brings out my cries.
I limp to the far end
and to choose a book I bend
but my mind is far away
wonderning about the one in pink.

This pink lady is all busy and out of track
chatting away with her friend in black,
these two are always together, tightly in a pack
as if guarding each other from an attack.

Anyways, lets talk about the pink
who is a friend of mine on the internet, through a link
I dont know much about her i must admit,
just that she likes music
and loves watching schumacher negotiate the pit.

I raise my eyes every now and then
to make sure shes there,
but each time I sight her,
i turn away my stare,
fearing that she may sight
me in the library and take a flight.

All this starts in my brain a flurry
of words about the events since morning in a blurry.

I look down and start to write
a rhyme about the flamingos flight,
all the while pausing to have a look,
at the one in pink, looking away from her book.

As I progress with my verse,
i loose my head and she picks her purse,
and leaves the hall with her friend.

I realise this and myself I curse,
for I was too busy to extend
my hi's and hellos to her and her friend.

Not all is lost, I muse
to miss another class i refuse,
and so thinking i muster the strength
to leave for my classroom at length,
and leave the pink one till the next time
when i shall talk and not act mime.

No comments:

Post a Comment