Monday, February 8, 2010

My Drain

It happened one night in October
When I was out in the rain,
I was fully drunk on love not sober,
Too drunk to feel the pain

In love was I so madly dear
That I hardly noticed the drain,
For I walked right into it without steer
While I was out in the rain.

Then it happened again in January
When I was out in the rain,
I had been dumped, was full of misery
I was in too much pain.

Was thinking of her, the imitation of an elf
That I hardly noticed the drain,
Into it I dumped myself
Dumped into it again.

Then again in the month of March,
When I rediscovered the reason for life main,
I rejoiced the end of my long drawn search,
That I took a walk instead of the train.

Now call me stupid call me insane,
For I hardly noticed the drain.
The same one that had bathed me twice,
Bathed me yet again.

All through the year until December,
I lost a little but a lot did I gain
I kept myself safe, far as I remember,
And kept away from all stain.

But in the end when all rejoiced,
The end of the year; the drain yet again
Called to me and literally voiced,
To complete the ritual simple and plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment